Re: rescue an alien md raid5

Hi Joe,

Thanks for the reply and the hint, but the norecovery option fails due
to the superblock not being found.  Neil's comment seems to indicate
that there's a basic incompatibility in the way the NAS vendors
implemented XFS.  We may be hosed on this one (not my NAS/files - I'm
just trying to help some others in the group).  I will try the XFS
group tho.

The mdadm part came thru like a champ tho - thanks!

Another reason to stay away from these kind of gadgets (I actually
tried this device when it first came out and abandoned that approach
as too futzy, not nearly flexible enough and not administratable
enough).  As well, with all the big P3/p4 towers being given away for
free now, I can build one of these in an hour or so with one of the
SilImage cards and get a much more useful box for essentially the
cost of raw disk.

Harry

--
Harry Mangalam - Research Computing, NACS, E2148, Engineering Gateway,
UC Irvine 92697  949 824-0084(o), 949 285-4487(c)