RE: upgrade advice

On Wed, 2008-12-17 at 08:28 -0600, David Lethe wrote:
> [...]

Did you ever split open the consumer and "enterprise" versions of the
drives and observe?

While i do believe they do some more testing/quality control on the
enterprise disks, they are almost all identical excepting firmware.. so
to be fair, i'd say the mistake is not properly stress testing the
disks, and for instance just buying a huge batch of disks and putting to
use..