Re: Data loss on MD RAID5 reshape?

On Friday December 5, b_linuxraid@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> I've experienced apparent data loss, and hoping someone out there can
> help rescue my data, or at least tell me what went wrong so that I don't
> have a repeat event.  I first asked this question on linux-lvm, but the
> folks there seemed to think it pertained more to RAID than to LVM.

I probably pertains to both.
However I suspect someone who knows a lot about LVM would be most
likely to be able to help you.

Presumably the LVM metadata at the start of the raid5 has been
corrupted someone.  Restoring that is needed, and an LVM expert would
be in the best position.

Of course it may not be possible, depending on the exact nature of the
corruption.

If it were me, I would hunt around at the start of the raid5 too see
if anything looked recognisable.  To do that, you would need to know
what LVM metadata and filesystem metadata looked like, and that would
not be easy.

I wish I could help, but I really don't know the insides of LVM well
enough to try to stitch something like that together by remote control

NeilBrown