Re: OT: Tips for good hard drives for a home server

Someone just shared this with me and I thought this might be relevant:
http://techreport.com/discussions.x/15863

If it's a home server, a little hassle might not be the end of the
world.  Personally I always try to buy the largest available drives
for mass storage, so I can go longer between upgrades, move my data
around less, and have fewer oldies sitting around.  I also wanted the
5yr warranty.  So that's lately meant Seagate.  If it needs to be no
fuss, make sure your seller will take them back for a refund if they
lock up like this.