Re: Determining filename from absolute sector failure in raid0

David Lethe wrote:
> --------------------
> What you need is a utility program that translates a physical device &
> offset and converts that into a logical block in md0. Then
> Something that maps a logical block in md0 to a file in a filesystem.
>
> Unfortunately, I am not aware of any off-the-shelf utility to do this,
> but put me down for being very interested in such a solution myself.
> David

well another part of the 'what do i do now?' question is that
/proc/mdstat shows the drives assembled thusly
hdk1[0] hdg1[2] hdf1[1] hde1[3]

and mdadm --examine shows the order as hde 0 hdf 1 hdg 2 hdk 3
err whats the actual order?

Phil
=--=