Re: RAID issue (Fedora 9 issue?)

David Greaves wrote:

I have verified the contents of the
/etc/mdadm.conf file that the UUID's are correct

Which mdadm.conf? The one on /dev/md6?
Youy need to check/update the one in the initrd.

Shouldn't have changed though unless you did a rebuild or something.

uh... you nailed it... the mdadm.conf in the initrd (which I didn't realize existed) was out of sync with the /etc/mdadm.conf and had the incorrect UUID numbers. I had mistakenly updated it installed a kernel update then realized it was wrong corrected it back but didn't rebuild the initrd file.
What has changed?  Not 100% sure, I have installed a handful of new
patches recently since the last reboot and unfortunately I don't know
which ones so there are a lot of possibilities.
OK
Kernel patches? Or rpms?
The answer is yes to both, but obviously it was due to my (incorrect) tinkering.
David

Thank you again... its always nice to learn something new about the system.

Jeff