RE: SATA errors?

----------

There is no cause of concern. The 0x25 command translates to
READ_CAPACITY10.  (i.e., how many blocks does the disk hold).  This
command is emulated because the disk doesn't natively speak SCSI
commands, which is how your specific hardware/driver/controller
combination configures such things.

Ignore the error.  There is a long story behind encapsulating SATA
commands in SCSI frames, why it is reasonable for this to happen, and
how the controller resolves obtaining the number of usable blocks.

It is not a cable or controller as other people suggested.  It isn't
even an "error".  It is a case of an application issuing a command to
see if it is supported. The disk returned appropriate data indicating
the command isn't supported, and all is right with the world. There are
other ways to obtain the drive capacity, which are clearly successful,
as you are putting data on the disk now.

David @ santools.com