Re: Debugging new HW XOR engine driver

Regarding your HW XOR driver, is this for Intel x86 or some other platform. I am assuming x86 since you did not mention another other processor platform but in that case, what hardware are you using for XOR?

-Thomas

-----Original Message-----
From: tirumalareddy marri <tirumalareddymarri@xxxxxxxxx>
To: linux-raid@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Mon, 14 Jul 2008 11:26 am
Subject: Debugging new HW  XOR engine driver

I am new to this mailing list. I am working on adding driver for HW accelerated XOR engine. I am able to get XOR engine working and created ADMA interface . I am able to create RAID-5 using mdadm. After creating filesystem, I tried to mount the /dev/md0 . It failied to mount saying that "ext3_check_descriptors: Block bitmap for group 384 not in group" . For sure there is some thing wrong at
driver level.
  I used "dd" command to read/write to /dev/md0. It seems read/writes are not a problem. When I do small file sizes of 10K , everything fine. When I write a file of size of 1MB or above seems to have issue. Looks like partial write fine
too.
  I am looking for the ways to debug the problem. Also looking for suggestions from the people who developed HW accelerated drivers and the issue thy run into.
Are the some tools to identify the corruptions.
Thanks in Advance.
--Tirumala