Re: How to avoid complete rebuild of RAID 6 array (6/8 active devices)

Hi,

Richard Scobie:
> This is why scheduled "check" or "repairs" should be done - see
> Documentation/md.txt in the kernel source for details.

While I agree with that idea in general, the time required for such
checks tends to grow faster than the time to read a whole disk.

Besides: even if you regular checks, your data is still going to be
safer when you keep the disk online until its replacement is ready.

--
Matthias Urlichs   |   {M:U} IT Design @ m-u-it.de   |  smurf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
 - -