Re: Collection of benchmarks on RAID5,6 and 10

On Fri, 11 Jul 2008, Jon Nelson wrote:

Some of you may be interested in a a big blog article I wrote on
raid5,6 and 10 performance, primarily comparing various chunk sizes
and the impact they made.
I did get some interesting (to me) results, and have some unanswered questions.

I also re-did the tests using deadline and anticipatory (and noop is
planned) and will add another entry comparing those results to cfq,
which is what I used above.

http://pycurious.blogspot.com/

Nice benchmarks, what did you use to make the graphs?

Also, for all of your RAID configuration/systems, what do you use for your servers/stability after benchmarking multiple configurations?

Justin.