Re: raid10 layouts and performance Re: md man page

Keld Jørn Simonsen wrote:
> In my quest for updated documentation for linux raid, I find that mdadm
> documentation is also very outdated. The mdadm man page that is reported
> by google, and on wikipedia for mdadm, do not include any info on
> raid10!
>
> Is there a page that we could reference, which has the current mdadm man
> page? And which is maintained?
Now the wiki is established I was hoping that we could somehow get the mdadm and
md documents integrated (though clearly they need to be manpages - maybe
asciidoc (as used by git) would be a good start.

I didn't want to do this by hand as it would need updating to be useful.

Hmm - having non-editable wiki pages automatically produced from something like
asciidoc and then allowing the discussion pages to annotate/xref them...

> I note that our raid wiki is now nbr 3 on google, That is a lot better
> than number 121 which was the place about half a year ago:-)

I'm still having trouble with the LDP howto people - they said they'd deprecate
their page but there's a certain Rick Moen making life very difficult indeed!!
Perseverance...

David