Re: Software RAID1 deadlock in 2.6.25 kernels

Gabor Gombas wrote:
On Sat, Jun 28, 2008 at 06:47:29AM +1000, Neil Brown wrote:

System locks up after running a short time. Had it hang once during installation. Tried both Reiserfs and EXT3.
We need more details about the lockup.  Does the whole system lock up,
or just the array.
Can  you get
   alt-sysrq-T
output?  That might be useful.

Also, try to set up netconsole and boot with nmi_watchdog=2. I've now 3
completely different HW setups where 2.6.25 hangs due to HPET issues.

Gabor

Due to time constraints, I will be unable to do much on this until the weekend.

In the meantime, a more detailed description of the symptoms:

When the system hangs, the mouse movement is tracked across the screen and I can ping the node. There is no response to clicking on a mouse button or trying to type anything into a field. It also does not respond to ssh or to <CTRL><ALT><F1>.

I may also try and reproduce it on different hardware to rule out a graphics problem if you wish.

Mike