Re: raid5 recovery dramas.

Neil Brown wrote:

I would create some loop back devices over files and try to make a
similar situation and assemble the array and assure my self that
reshape doesn't start automatically (it shouldn't while the array is
readonly) before actually doing anything to the real devices.

Hmm, I understand what you're asking and what it means, however actually /doing/ it is beyond my skills at the moment.

I haven't had a chance to bring down the box and try booting from a liveCD, but based on the above, I don't think that's likely to work.

Thanks for your help, but I'm feeling a little discouraged at this point.

Cheers,

Mark.