Storing array run-time options in mdadm.conf

Hello list,

Are there some plans (or an existing mechanism I am not aware of) to store array/component related /sys settings? As far as I can tell there is no such facility in place and and various distributions/admins are left with the task of writing incompatible hack scripts and whatnot. Would it be practical to add an extra field to mdadm.conf, which would look like:

ARRAY /dev/mdX .... options=stripe_cache_size:8192,comp_queue_depth:1

Which would mean that the stripe_cache_size ought to be set to 8192 and NCQ disabled on all underlying components. It doesn't even have to be the mdadm executable which would process and apply these settings. It might still be a distro-specific init script or whatnot. The important part is that the configuration placement is now standardized and can be built upon.

Maybe this has been discussed before, my apologies for not looking through the archives well enough.

Thanks

Peter