Re: Rebuilding an array with a corrupt disk.

Sean Hildebrand wrote:
> I got all my data, save the eleven folders that read errors occurred
> in - Thankfully the data lost isn't terribly important.
Good.

> Is there no way to get mdadm to allow a certain number of read errors
> from a disk, instead of removing it from the array immediately?
> Manually unmounting, stopping, and re-assembling is somewhat of a
> chore, especially when the system locks access to the array while
> copying, despite the read error.
Not that I know of.

Since you got your data back it's moot .... but:

You couldn't add /dev/sdd1 because the raid superblock is at the end of the disk
- clearly readable though since it was read at startup.
The next thing would have been to force a recreation of the array using the new
disk.

Anyhow, glad you're sorted

David