[ANNOUNCE] Einarc - universal RAID management/monitoring tool - v1.2 released

Hello!

I'm pleased to announce new release of Einarc project - an universal RAID management/monitoring tool.

Version 1.2 had almost half a year development cycle and sports the following new stuff:

    * Support for new RAID devices: newer Adaptec adapters using arcconf.

* New objects “bbu” and “firmware” are introduced: now it’s possible to get information about BBU and read/write firmware to supported adapters.

* More strict “adapter info” report: it outputs serial number and tries to pinpoint a particular adapter using PCI IDs, if possible.

    * Updates for existing devices:
o aaccli: now it downloads and uses later, more acceptable version, not linked against arts library. Note, however, that Adaptec_Storage_Manager-Linux_v2.10.00 is a huge ~36M download.
          o areca: update to v1.80A_71012.
          o megacli: updated to v1.01.27.

* Multiple stability, metadata and rare occurance fixes for all modules.

    * Improved build system.

* “raid-wizard-passthrough” can be used to handle smaller groups of HDDs (not all available devices).

As always, I'd be really happy to hear any opinions / thoughts / feature requests on this project and I hope it would come useful to someone :) Einarc can be reached at

http://www.inquisitor.ru/doc/einarc/

for downloading and documentation.

--
WBR, Mikhail Yakshin AKA GreyCat