how can I access a disk marked as failed

Hi all!
I am quite desperate with the following scenario:
A SW raid 1 consisting of two LUNs on two SAN Storages, running on a Cluster of two machines Active/passive.
the connection to one LUN was interrupted for some time, then the machine went down as went the second SAN with the good data.
the other clusternode came up, took over the RAID, but could only access the old data. This is where we reckognized the problem.
After the second server and SAN where back online, we shut down the first node and started the second one. It showed a degraded Raid so we started a resync using mdadm /dev/md1 --add /dev/sdc1. Shortly after that we recognized, that it was old data being replicated, not the nwe one, so we stopped the resync using mdadm /dev/md2 --fail /dev/sdc1 We then shut down the san containing the old, but consistent data. Now we need to somwhow access the data on the Image that was partially overwritten. I know, that that data, that has actually been overwritten is lost, but that is a minor problem, as the first part of the device contained data that could be restored rather easyly. However most of the Data in the rest of the Disk has not yet been backed up because of other failures on site and is fairly important. Is there any way to access it?
Here is the output of mdadm -E of one of the inaccessible drives:

k1276kc2:~ # mdadm -E /dev/sdc1
/dev/sdc1:
          Magic : a92b4efc
        Version : 00.90.00
           UUID : b61d9303:b5140405:96ac5af7:b39a199b
  Creation Time : Tue Apr 15 18:05:00 2008
     Raid Level : raid1
  Used Dev Size : 132359424 (126.23 GiB 135.54 GB)
     Array Size : 132359424 (126.23 GiB 135.54 GB)
   Raid Devices : 2
  Total Devices : 2
Preferred Minor : 2

    Update Time : Sat Jun  7 14:00:40 2008
          State : clean
 Active Devices : 1
Working Devices : 2
 Failed Devices : 1
  Spare Devices : 1
       Checksum : f6d7f01c - correct
         Events : 0.53858

      Number   Major   Minor   RaidDevice State
this     2       8       33        2      spare   /dev/sdc1

   0     0       8       81        0      active sync   /dev/sdf1
   1     1       0        0        1      faulty removed
   2     2       8       33        2      spare   /dev/sdc1

The interesting thing is, that /dev/sdf1 is in fact inaccesible because it is on the SAN that is powered off. I would need to somehow get /dev/sdc1 up and access the LVM that lies on that device.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Robert Köppl