Revisiting performance of RAID 10,f2

In some direct correspondence with Carla Schroder, she mentioned that you referred to a posting which you had written to this list on the performance of RAID10 "far 2". I have located several posts on this point, but none with your name. Please forgive me if I have been blind, but would you mind reposting it (or forwarding it off-list, if you prefer).

I am a hobbyist user, rather than an IT professional and have been lurking on the list for just over a month trying to learn about RAID before experimenting myself. Many "introductory HOWTOs" on RAID appear to recommend dividing the physical devices which will form the array into a small swap partition which remains as "plain ordinary swap" outside the array(s) and a larger data partition used to build the array. Do you recommend this? or a swap partition as a logical volume within the array? Or is this an inconsequential consideration, given that the machine where I will be building the array already has 4 GB RAM?

I ask in advance for your patience with beginners' questions. But I work on the basis that the most stupid question is the one never asked. Thanks in advance.