Re: mdadm 2.6.4 : How i can check out current status of reshaping ?

Andreas-Sokov wrote:
Hello, Neil.

Possible you have bad memory, or a bad CPU, or you are overclocking
the CPU, or it is getting hot, or something.

As seems to me all my problems has been started after i have started update MDADM.
This is server worked normaly (but only not like soft-raid) more 2-3 years.
Last 6 months it worked as soft-raid. All was normaly, Even I have added successfully
4th hdd into raid5 )when it stared was 3 hdd). And then Reshaping have been passed fine.

Yesterday i have did memtest86 onto it server and 10 passes was WITH OUT any errors.
Temperature of server is about 25 grad celsius.
No overlocking, all set to default.

What did you find when you loaded the module with gdb as Neil suggested? If the code in the module doesn't match the code in memory you have a hardware error. memtest86 is a useful tool, but it is not a definitive test because it doesn't use all CPUs and do i/o at the same time to load the memory bus.

Realy i do not know what to do because off wee nedd grow our storage, and we can not.
unfortunately, At this moment - Mdadm do not help us in this decision, but very want
it get.

I would pull out half my memory and retest. If it still fails I would swap to the other half of memory. If that didn't show a change I would check that the code in the module is what Neil showed in his last message (I assume you already have), and then reseat all of the cables, etc.

I agree with Neil:
But you clearly have a hardware error.

NeilBrown

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen@xxxxxxx>
 "Woe unto the statesman who makes war without a reason that will still

-