Re: Deleting mdadm RAID arrays

Wednesday 06 February 2008 12:22:00:
> > I have had a problem with RAID array (udev messed up disk names, I've had RAID on
> > disks only, without raid partitions)
>
> Do you mean that you originally used /dev/sdb for the RAID array? And now you
> are using /dev/sdb1?

That's reconfigured now, it doesn't matter (started up the host in single user, created
partitions as opposed to running RAID previously on whole disks).

> Given the system seems confused I wonder if this may be relevant?

I don't think so, I tried most mdadm operations (fail, remove, etc) on disks (like sdb) and
partitions (like sdb1) and get identical messages for either.

--
Marcin Krol

-