Re: raid problem: after every reboot /dev/sdb1 is removed?

Berni wrote:
Hi

I created the raid arrays during install with the text-installer-cd. So first the raid array was created and then the system was installed on it.

I don't have a extra /boot partition its on the root (/) partition and the root is the md0 in the raid. Every partition for ubuntu (also swap) is in the raid.

What exactly means rerunning grub? (to put both hdd into the mbr)? I can't find the "mkinitrd" into ubuntu. I made a update-initramfs but it didn't help.

I think you need some ubuntu guru to help, I always create a small raid1 for /boot and then use other arrays for whatever the system is doing. I don't know if ubuntu uses mkinitrd or what, but it clearly didn't get it right without a little help from you.
thanks

How about some input, ubuntu users (or Debian, isn't ubuntu really Debian?).

On Sat, 02 Feb 2008 14:47:50 -0500