Re: Customize the error emails of `mdadm --monitor`

On Wed, Jun 06, 2007 at 02:23:31PM +0200, Peter Rabbitson wrote:
> Iustin Pop wrote:

> >>Any takers? Or is it a RTFM question (in which case I certainly
> >>overlooked the relevant doc)?
> >
> >If you use udev, have you looked in /dev/disk? I think it solves the
> >problem you need by allowing one to see either the disks by id or by
> >path. Making the reverse map is then trivial (for a reasonable number of
> >disks).
> >

> This would not work as arrays are assembled by the kernel at boot time,
> at which point there is no udev or anything else for that matter other
> than /dev/sdX. And I am pretty sure my OS (debian) does not support udev
> in initrd as of yet.

Ah, I see. But then, sysfs should help (I presume sysfs being a standard
kernel filesystem can be mounted in the initrd). I think that most of
the information the kernel has for the device is present in sysfs. At
least a crude form of path mapping to the real controller is available
via the symlink /sys/block/sdN/device. I don't know if it really helps
your case.

iustin
-