Re: not resyncing after power cut.

From: Chris Fanning <christopher.fanning@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, May 21, 2007 at 05:08:47PM +0200
> Hi,
>
> I've got a couple of doubts.
>
> Since more than a year ago I setup mdadm raid1 on new instalations
> (thanks for your work).
> On the older machines, mdadm -D shows them in a dirty state. I know
> that this is/was as expected. If there is a power cut, the machine
> boots and a dirty array is resynced, ¿right?
>
> On newer installations, mdadm -D shows arrays in a clean state. I had
> always thought that this was ok becuase I'd read somewhere that the
> term 'dirty' was causing confusion and it got changed.
> So, state: clean, is what I should expect?

If the newer machines have bitmaps on, the resync is generally faster
than finishing booting - so when you can log in, the array is clean
again.

Do they use bitmaps?

Kind regards,
Jurriaan
--
Look - either dualism sucks, or it doesn't.
Debian (Unstable) GNU/Linux 2.6.21-mm2 2x4021 bogomips load load 3.73