Re: [Linux-usb-users] Failed reads from RAID-0 array (from newbie who has read the FAQ)

Okay. I've verified my hardware (by doing large write/reads to non-raid
file systems on each of the seven USB flash drives on the hub).

So this morning I booted cold and began gathering log data. I'm sending it
to you guys (you hsould know this) before looking at it myself.  Here's
the sequence:

Cold boot
Gnome login
echo t > /proc/sysrq-trigger
dmesg > dmesg-0-beforehub.log
Attached hub with 7 drives
dmesg > dmesg-1-afterhub.log
mdadm --create /dev/md0 --auto=md --level=0 --raid-devices=7 /dev/sd?
dmesg > dmesg-2-aftermdcreate.log
mke2fs -b 4096 -R stride=16 /dev/md0
dmesg > dmesg-3-aftermkfs.log
mount /dev/md0 /mnt
cp -rv ~mschwarz/FUTURAMA_S2D2/* /mnt
dmesg > dmesg-4-afterbigwrite.log
cp -rv /mnt/* fs2d2/

At this point, the process hangs. So I ran:

echo t > /proc/sysrq-trigger
dmesg > dmesg-5-hungread.log

...in a different root window. All these operations were performed as root
(in order to be as dangerous as possible -- actually, in order to reduce
possible permissions issues; although I don't think there are any)

All of these dmesg logs are attached in gzip format. I don't know what
majordomo will do with those, but the cc's going directly to Alan and Neil
should come through. I'm going to start combing these files myself, so if
you guys want to save time, you can certainly give me a couple hours to
get started! ;-)

As always, I'm very grateful for your assistance and that of the group!

--
Michael Schwarz