no journaling and loops on softraid?

http://gentoo-wiki.com/HOWTO_Gentoo_Install_on_Software_RAID#Data_Scrubbing

"Warning: Be aware that the combination of RAID5 and loop-devices will most
likely cause severe filesystem damage, especially when using ext3 and
ReiserFS. Some users suggest that XFS is not affected by this, but this has
not been entirely confirmed. See kernel bug 6242 for updates on this bug.

Note: There are also reports that Journaled Filesystems are problematic on all
Software-RAID levels. No kernel bugs have been submitted regarding this bug
as of yet. A number of the reports involve using cryptoloops which are known
to cause corruption. See http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-412467.html for
more information. This thread should be taken with a grain of salt."

Can someone shed some light on this? I have XFS on my raid and *had* problems
when unpacking large archives with many small files.

Dex

--

http://www.stop1984.com
http://www.againsttcpa.com