Re: swap on raid

> The fact that you mention you are using partitions on disks that
> possibly have other partions doing other things, means raw performance
> will be compromised anyway.
>
> Regards,
>
> Richard

You know I never thought about it, but you are absolutely right. The
times at which my memory usage peaks coincide with high disk activity
(mostly reads). In this light it actually might be better to keep the
swap in a file on my raid10 (-p n3) which occupies most of these 4
drives, and hope that the md code will be able to distribute the io
across idle drives. Does this sound about right?
-