mdadm assemble question

Hey,

I've added 2 new disks to an existing raid5 array and started the grow
process.

The grow process was unsuccessfull because it stalled at 98.1% and the system
log show a long list of "compute_blocknr: map not correct".

I'm not able to mount the array or stop it at all. The 'mount' command
and 'mdadm' just stall in middle of their execution.

So now I want to recover as much data as possible, but its not possible since
I cant read from the filesystem on the array, because 'mount' stall.

Now I want to assemble the array without starting the reshape process after
rebooting, but I cant find this option in the manual of mdadm.
I'm suspecting the reshape process is the problem and thats why I dont want it
to start.
I'm hoping it will be possible to use the array and read from it, if the
reshape process it not started.

Am I just blind or is it not possible to start an array without starting the
reshape process?

Thanks!
-