RE: Raid1 uses partially reconstructed drive

Uhh... I have no idea what metadata or bitmap anything I was using...
Default I guess?  How do I safely get that info?  I didn't see anything
obvious in the man page.

I think what may have happened is that I had created the primary drive
on hdb, then physically moved it to hda.

I wish I wrote the exact commands and sequence down, but I think I did
something like this:
 - hda: temporary     hdb: primary raid
   mdadm --create --level=1 --raid-devices=1 --force md0 /dev/hdb3
 - fill data into hdb3 (via network)
 - hda: primary raid  hdb: secondary raid
   reboot
 - mdadm --grow (??)   #  something to say it's now a 2-disk mirror, I
think
 - mdadm --add md0 /dev/hdb3     # adding the secondary into the raid
set
 - At this point, hdb3 is reconstructing
 - reboot
 - system uses hdb3 as primary?!?!

By "secondary" I mean the fresh disk I'm adding to the raid set. i.e.
not the one I should be booting off.

BTW, in addition to using FC5's kernel 2.6.18 (smp), I was also using
mdadm-2.3.1.

If it's not reproduceable, I guess I feel a bit better about it.... It
must mean I hit some sort of special case.