Re: PROBLEM: system crash on AMD64 with 2.6.17.11 while accessing 3TB Software-RAID5

Ralf Herrmann wrote:

Dear Mr. Davidson and Mr. Brown,

It certainly is a legitimate question, and marginal power would have been at the end of my list as well... However, if all else fails, try formatting the new drives to use only the size of the old drive capacity (RAID on small partitions) and see if that works. If so you may have found some rare size-related bug.

Seems as if the new power supply did the trick. The box's been
running smoothly, for about 2 days lately.
I'm currently not in office, but since i didn't get emergency
calls from my colleagues i assume it still works.

Thanks again for your time,

Thanks for letting us know what it was. Even if it was not the first thing we suggested. ;-)

--
bill davidsen <davidsen@xxxxxxx>
 CTO TMR Associates, Inc

-