Re: Interesting RAID checking observations - I'm getting it too

Mark Smith wrote:

Just a note, I've noticed this problem too. I run a RAID1 check once
every 24 hours, and while developing the script to do it, noticed that
the machine became virtually unusable - mouse was jumpy, typing lagged.

I run this check every morning at 4.00am so I'm usually asleep and
don't notice it, so it hasn't been a big bother to me.
Interesting, but do you run other stuff at that time? Several distributions run various things in the middle of the night which really bog the machine.

The data may be a bit corse, however here is what sysstat/sar says my
machine does during the check. Let me know if you want any more or other
sar data.

[ data dropped, not relevant to my suggestion ]

--
bill davidsen <davidsen@xxxxxxx>
 CTO TMR Associates, Inc

-