Re: Resize on dirty array?

David Rees wrote:
> I personally prefer to do a long self-test once a week, a month seems
> like a lot of time for something to go wrong.

unfortunately i found some drives (seagate 400 pata) had a rather negative
effect on performance while doing self-test.

Interesting that you noted negative performance, but I typically
schedule the tests for off-hours anyway where performance isn't
critical.

Personally I have every disk do a short test at 6am Monday-Saturday, and then they *all* (29 of them) do a long test every Sunday at 6am.

I figure having all disks do a long test at the same time rather than staggered is going to show up any pending issues with my PSU's also.

(Been doing this for nearly 2 years now and had it show up a couple of drives that were slowly growing defects. Nothing a dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/sd(x) did not fix though)

Brad
-