Re: Resize on dirty array?

suggestions:

- set up smartd to run long self tests once a month.   (stagger it every
  few days so that your disks aren't doing self-tests at the same time)

- run 2.6.15 or later so md supports repairing read errors from the other
  drives...

- run 2.6.16 or later so you get the check and repair sync_actions in
  /sys/block/mdX/md/sync_action (i think 2.6.16.x still has a bug where
  you have to echo a random word other than repair to sync_action to get
  a repair to start... wrong sense on a strcmp, fixed in 2.6.17).

- run nightly diffs of smartctl -a output on all your drives so you see
  when one of them reports problems in the smart self test or otherwise
  has a Current_Pending_Sectors or Realloc event... then launch a
  repair sync_action.

- proactively replace your disks every couple years (i prefer to replace
  busy disks before 3 years).

-dean

-