Re: Resize on dirty array?

James Peverill wrote:

> I'll try the force assemble but it sounds like I'm screwed.  It
> sounds like what happened was that two of my drives developed bad
> sectors in different places that weren't found until I accessed
> certain areas (in the case of the first failure) and did the drive
> rebuild (for the second failure).

The file /sys/block/mdX/md/sync_action can be used to issue a recheck of
the data. Read Documentation/md.txt in kernel source for details about
the exact procedure. My advice (if you still want to continue using
software raid) is that you run such a check before any add/grow or other
action in the future. Also, if the raid has been unused for a long while
it might be a good idea to recheck the data.

[snip]

I feel your pain. Massive data loss is the worst. I have had my share of
crashes. Once due to bad disk and no redundancy, the other time due to
good old stupidity.

Henrik Holst
-