Re: which disk the the one that data is on?

Shai wrote:

Hi,

I rebooted my server today to find out that one of the arrays is being
re-synced (see output below)
.
1. What does the (S) to the right of hdh1[5](S) mean?
2. How do I know, from this output, which disk is the one holding the
most current data and from which all the other drives are syncing
from? Or are they all containing the data and this sync process is
something else? Maybe I'm just not understanding what is being done
exactly?

In addition to what you have already been told, if you "find out" that the array is in rebuild I would be a lot more worried to find out why. If it was from unclean shutdown you really should look into a bitmap if you don't have one.

--
bill davidsen <davidsen@xxxxxxx>
 CTO TMR Associates, Inc

-