Re: accessing mirrired lvm on shared storage

Matthias

I have currently four clusters which mirror shared storage. I've
always pay great attention not to have an array active on both
cluster nodes. I can imagine data corruption would happen soon or
late.
Unfortunately md lacks the ability to mark an array as
used/busy/you_name_it. Sometime ago I asked on this list for such an
enhancement (see thread with subject "Question: array locking,
possible"). Although I managed (with great help from few people on
this list) to attract Neil's attention, I couldn't fine enough
arguments to convince him to put this topic on hist TO-DO list.
Neil, you see the constantly growing number of potential users of this
feature? ;-)

Regards,
Chris

PS Matthias, just curious, you don't have FC failover, right?

-