a user-raid list for non gurus?

Hi all,

  even thought I'm subscribed to this list since quite a lot of time, I only
  can grab a little purcentage of the discussion due to technical gap.

  When it happens that I ask something to the list I normally get unanswered
  even on problems that in my opinion shouldn't be considered really
  specific to my setup. Here just the last 2 questions:

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=linux-raid&m=114185900020437&w=2
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=linux-raid&m=114120476328121&w=2

  I'd like to know if there is a users-linux-raid where these kind of
  questions get answered, if I should just insist on this list, or if I
  missed some document (possibly a complete howto) that already gives
  thorought info on how to cope with troubles, or a wiki.

  I feel like linux-raid is missing a good howto. The documentation you can
  find is often outdated or incomplete and it only saldomly helped me to get
  out of problems.

  The sad part of all this is that with raid systems you are not normally in
  the mood/position to test things. You would much more prefere to arrive at
  the crash already with the knowledge on how to cope with it... but the
  crash is never as the one you simulated failing the device...

Thanks for your attention and you job anyhow
sandro
*:-)

PS: In case anybody feeels like writing a complete howto I could
    help... with the index ;-) of what a system admin -not a raid guru-
    would like to read to understant raid (not just to setup)

--
Sandro Dentella  *:-)
e-mail: sandro@xxxxxxxx