Re: multiple Sata SATAII 150, TX4 - how to tell which drive is which?headaches galore!

Is it possible to make the drives turn slower ? To make the heads move slower ?
That would be my dream. No more heat, a 10mA consumption, no more noise...
If only... for a lot of the things I do, all I need is massive storage capacity, not massive speed (I run crypto on the entire raid array, which reduces its speed to about 15 MB/sec maximum, which is far more than I need for my purposes). I find it a shame 5400 rpm drives are being phased out. In my opinion, 7200 rpm drives will make more noise, produce more heat and live shorter than their 5400 rpm counterparts. Some diversity in the hard drive market towards maximum storage/reliability and maximum speed would be a good thing in my opinion.

-