Re: Linux RAID Enterprise-Level Capabilities and If It Supports Raid Level Migration and Online Capacity Expansion

On Thu, 22 Dec 2005, John Stoffel wrote:

> I've been tempted by XFS at times, but I worry, esp since alot of
> other people who are core developers don't care for XFS as much.  But
> maybe I'll move that way for my next system.

We use xfs since 2.6.x in production. Typical config for us:
/ in raid1, ext3
swap in raid1
lvm2 for the remaining with XFS above it.

The lvm2 array raid1 or raid5. If raid1, the / and swap have hot spare
partitions.

The main reason for this is that you can't have boot block in XFS.

Bye,
 LAJBER Zoltan               Szent Istvan Egyetem,  Informatika Hivatal
 Most of the time, if you think you are in trouble, crank that throttle!
-