Re: RAID0 performance question

On Tuesday November 22, djani22@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> I have already try the all available options, including readahead in all
> layer (result in earlyer mails), and chunksize.
> But with this settings, i cannot workaround this.
> And the result is incomprehensible for me!
> The raid0 performance is not equal with one component , with sum of all
> component , and not equal with the slowest component!

This is quite perplexing.

My next step would probably be to watch the network traffic with
tcpdump or ethereal.  I would look for any differences between when it
is going quickly (without raid0) and when slowly (with raid0).

Rather than tcpdump, it might be easier to instrument the nbd server
to print out requests and timestamps.

Sorry I cannot be more helpful, and do have a Merry Christmas anyway
:-)

NeilBrown
-