Re: RAID0 performance question

JaniD++ wrote:

> But i don't know exactly what to try.
> increase or decrease the chunksize?
> In the top layer raid (md31,raid0) or in the middle layer raids (md1-4,
> raid1) or both?

What I found is that raid over nbd is highly max-chunksize dependent, due to
nbd running over TCP.  But increasing chunksize does not necessarily mean
better system utilization.  Much depends on your application request size.

Tuning performance to maximize cat/dd /dev/md# throughput may only be
suitable for a synthetic indication of overall performance in system
comparisons.

If your aim is to increase system utilization, then look for a good benchmark
specific to your application requirements which would mimic a realistic
load.

--
Al

-