Read RAID1 drive member without 3ware RAID controller

Hello,

I've very strange troubles with 3ware 8006 RAID controllers using Maxtor hard disks (maybe because of that ?).
It's the fourth problem I have with 3ware RAID using Maxtor HD !
(4 workstations on 12 that have troubles like this, that's a lot, isn't it ?)

I got some file corruption errors under Windows on one workstation, "Incomplete drive" status reported by the RAID controller (just after the reboot) on another workstation running linux where I lost months of data because the RAID controller shows the the host drive in June's state !! Yes, it sounds amazing, but it's true :(

So, I would like to read this "incomplete" hard disk that 3ware RAID controller can't do anything of it (except erasing it).

I tried to connect this hard disk to the standard serial ATA port of the motherboard. But, I can't see any partition on it, because of a Data disk format used by the RAID controller... 3ware told me to use some specific windows tool to recover it, but these tools only works for ext2 filesystem and I have reiserfs.

Does anyone know how to read the hard disk ?
I supposed they just use some blocks to store meta-informations at the beginning of the hard disk or something like that.
So, maybe with a good ofset, I would be able to read the filesystem...
Any linux tool to do that ?

Thanks a lot for your help !

--
Fabien