Re: Highpoint 1820A

"Mikael Abrahamsson" <swmike@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:Pine.LNX.4.62.0509170714560.21650@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> functioning and failing. Does anyone have a success story with this card
> under linux?

I've generally had quite positive experiences with the card under FC3 and
FC4 x86_64 using Linux software RAID 5 and the OpenBuild driver.  The driver
has generally been quite good, however it doesn't appear to support SMART
I/O controls.  I like to monitor SMART parameters so I can swap out disks
before they catastrophically fail.

I have started using the now GNU licensed Marvell driver [1] with my 1820a.
I haven't had a chance to benchmark it, however it works and it does support
SMART I/O controls. It seems to require a full kernel source tree to build.
I'm using it with FC4 x86_64.

In the future I am looking forward to using the Brett Russ libata Marvell
driver that is going in the kernel. I haven't tried the PIO only driver.

Greg :-)

[1] http://www.keffective.com/mvsata/

-