RE: mdadm memory leak?

Run "ipcs" to see if you have shared memory usage that seems wrong, or
grows.

# ipcs -m

------ Shared Memory Segments --------
key        shmid      owner      perms      bytes      nattch     status

I have none, but I don't have a database.  Databases I have used on other
systems tend to use a lot of shared memory.

Also, if you were really out of memory, you would have active swapping.

It is normal for the buffer cache to use most "unused" memory, so it would
seem like you have almost none free, but the buffer cache will give up
memory when needed.  I think you have another problem, not memory related.
Also, you can stop mdadm from running.  The system will still work, just not
monitor the arrays.  If you really think it is mdadm related, kill it.  Or
use "/etc/init.d/mdmonitor stop".  At least as a test.

Run top, look at this line:
Mem: 515296k av, 508128k used, 7168k free, 0k shrd,  128412k buff

I think buff (128412k) is the amount of "unused" memory.  But not sure.  I
never had a memory issue with Linux, so have not researched this.  But I
have on other Unixes.

Guy

-