Re: RAID1: What happens when one half of a mirror fails?

Eric Pretorious a écrit :

Hello, All:

I've been a bit surprised by the complete failure of our system when one half of a mirror failed so I suppose that I should verify that I understand RAID1's failover methodology: Is the purpose of the mirror only to preserve the data or is it to allow the system to continue operating until a replacement can be installed? (i.e., If one half of a mirror fails, shouldn't the system continue operating normally?)

is the swap partition on raid?

--
Mauvaise garde permet au loup de se repaître.
	-+- Le Roman de Renart -+-

-