RE: md multipath restart problem

> I encountered the bug using RHEL 4, fixed it and then found it already fixed in
> linux-2.6.12-rc2.

Interesting - I'll try upgrading.

> BTW what version of mdadm are you using? just curious, can you fail and then
> re-insert a path to a multipath array and then dump the superblock information
> using mdadm to see both the paths active again? I think paths get activated but
> the superblock is not updated so the information mdadm dumps is sort of incorrect.

I had tried the stock Ubuntu version (1.9.0) and then switched to 1.11.  Failover
works, failback doesn't - the device has to be reinserted manually.  Given the
email notification that mdadm sends out though, I can live with that.

John

--
John Madden
UNIX Systems Engineer