To: <cknowlton@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: <linux-raid@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, June 16, 2005 12:32 PM
Subject: RE: RAID - mdadm Help. (Newbie in Linux)

Sorry to say this, but since I'm new to the Linux world, I've followed few steps but can't get it mounted and to be used on Samba. Bascially trying to
make a simple SOHO server inraid for file system.

1) I might have made few errors on Druid disk at the beginning of the
installation (I will redo tonight - I think I've found a good doc to help)

2) Regardless of the above, this is what I did...

mdamd --create --verbose /dev/md0 --level1 --raid-devices=2
/dev/sda1 /dev/sdb1
cat /proc/mdstat (it said compeled pretty quickly since I,ve
made partitions of 5 gigs out of both 250 gig sata drives for raid purpose.
The main drive is for the OS, these 2 are extra storage.)
Tried to configure automount but don't know how (vi
/etc/fstab adding /dev/md0 /home vfat defaults 1 2).

I think I'm missing a step in filesystem they say on some
doc...
"Now, you can create a filesystem, just like you would on
any other device, mount it, include it in your /etc/fstab and so on." What
are the procedures ???

Thanks for reading my question. Can you help you think?