Re: sata_nv and RAID1

> > > unplugging both SATA and PATA devices Just Works (tm).  I'm having a
> > > hard time figuring how this works: there's enough people supporting
> > > Linux to build a complete web-enabled SCM system (git) in a couple of
> > > weeks,
> >
> > SW engineering

and a real and urgent need.  and also the fact that it's easier.

> > > but noone has bothered to fix this glaring flaw for the past 5
> > > years?
> > >
> > HW engineering
>
> Aha.  And how would you explain that this currently works under Windows?

someone paid to get it to work under windows.  also, the quality requirement
for windows is basically non-existent (redmond will not tell you you have
crap code in your driver).

I think the main issue is that there's not that much demand for ata-hotplug
under linux.  it is, after all, an unusual thing to do, mainly involving
crashes.  perhaps linux experiences fewer crashes.

but if you're so upset about this, why not either go back to windows,
or do something constructive (program or pay someone to program for you)?

-