Re: sata_nv and RAID1

On Monday 13 June 2005 09:27, Peter T. Breuer wrote:

> I don't know either. For the FR1 code I implemented three new ioctls ..
> all of them sent out by the FR1 (raid1) driver.
>
>   1) notify component that it is in an array and which
>   2) notify component that it is no longer in an array and which
>   3) send component a callback function through which it can
>      SET_FAULTY and re-HOTADD itself to the array it kno it is in
>      as need be.
>
> Maybe hotplugging has those facilities. I don't know.
>
> Cooperating devices would have to implement the ioctls.
>
> Peter

Hi Peter,
   If I understand right, even if I used FR1, it wont pass the test
(unplugging the cable). Notice that Im not interested int hotplugging, but in
hotUNplugging it as Michael Tokarev said: unplug the cable, linux starts
using a degraded mirror, and later I can shutdown the server, plug the disk
and let it resync.

Thanks,
 -- Diego.
-