RE: Troubles making a raid5 system work.

Thanks Molle,

Finally I made the raid system work fine :-) I followed your steps, I it
worked... That exactly what I did:
- I applied the patch
md-make-raid5-and-raid6-robust-against-failure-during-recovery.patch to my
kernel.
- dd the all the hardisk erasing superblock info and all...
- Create again the array from 0.

I checked the logs and all seems to be right.

Thanks again.

By the way... I have two questions.
1.- This patch will be included in new kernels versions or I have to applied
each time I compile a new kernel version?
2.- Working with big files (700megs) in the RAID comsumes a lot of cpu
resources, is this normal? I have an Pentium 4, 3Ghz and 1GB RAM...

That's all.

-