Raid 1 disk scheduling

I have a server with lots of available RAM (10GB) I
wanted to create an md raid 1 device that would mirror
a large ramdisk (2GB) to a scsi md device. The
thinking here is writes will be just as fast as always
since I/O is sync to both the RAM and hard disk.
However reads should be crazy fast since it should be
coming from the device with the lower latency or the
one that answers first (RAM). It looks like the I/O is
done in a round robin setup. I get amazing reads every
other test (cat'n a file) which seems it is a round
robin scheme. Can this be changed somehow to prefer a
device or use latency instead?